Twickenham is a large suburban town situated just 10 miles (16 km) outside Central London and is formed of many smaller conurbations each with their own local importance and significance. As with many towns of its size, Twickenham offers the buyer and tenant a wide range of property type from flats and maisonettes to large imposing family homes. With many areas of character property, the area has also been carefully developed continuously to allow many different ages and styles of property.
The town centre offers a wide range of entertainment and retail therapy along with access to a major mainline station and the A316 with London to the North and the M3 to the South. Twickenham also offers some of the regions premier schooling opportunities with excellence on offer to all age groups.
Twickenham enjoys strong links to both the cultural and sporting worlds with Twickenham being well known as the ‘home of rugby’ providing a worldwide high profile for the town and a local economy boost which is evident in the nature and make up of Twickenham.
There is excellent education provision in Twickenham, with several primary and secondary schools:
- Radnor House Independent School
- St Catherine’s School
- St Stephen’s C Of E school
- Twickenham Preparatory school
- St James Independent School
- Archdeacon Cambridge’s CE Primary School
- Bishop Perrin CE Primary School
- Chase Bridge Primary School
- Heathfield Nursery, Infant and Junior School
- St Mary’s CE Primary
- Trafalgar Infant & Junior
- There are also good transport links, with Twickenham being less than three miles from the major M4 and A4 roads. Furthermore, the town has a mainline railway station providing a connection to London Waterloo in around half an hour. This line also connects Twickenham to major towns such as Kingston, Wimbledon, Windsor and Reading.
Chancellors Estate Agents have a range of houses and flats for sale and rent in Twickenham. To find out more contact:
- Chancellors Richmond