The Government has announced that people living in England who wish to move house can now do so and in person viewings and valuations can take place with clear safety guidelines published here. See full details of the official government guidelines.
Chancellors Group of Estate Agents will be adhering strictly to these guidelines and have put in place safer working procedures and risk assessment to ensure the safety of our staff, clients and suppliers. Click here for further information
We now have staff working in our offices across the Chancellors group, and our offices are open to the public. However, not all of our offices are able to accommodate visitors so should you wish to arrange an appointment, please contact your local branch via the usual channels of email or telephone. You can locate your nearest branch.
We are more than happy to arrange to visit and to value your home or conduct viewings, however, if you feel more comfortable these can be carried out virtually via video or over the phone.
Where we do visit you, we will be taking the below steps to ensure the safety of both our employees and our customers:
For All Customers
- There should only be maximum of two people present at the time of a booked appointment. Children should not be brought to appointments where the number of people will exceed 2.
- We do not wish to be rude, however, when we meet, we are unable to shake hands when we greet you. Your understanding and acceptance is appreciated.
- Discussions will take place outside where possible.
- Our staff will be wearing PPE including masks and gloves.
- We request that you always respect social distancing measures and remain two meters from your Estate Agent.
- We are unable to bring printed handouts or maps to the property; however, we will email any documentation you required.
- We will not hand out business cards we will use our company mobile business card app to pass on our contact details.
- Prior to a visit taking place Chancellors will send you a confirmation email providing more details on how your meeting will be carried out safely.
For Vendors and Landlords
- We request that all internal doors and windows of your property are left open throughout for both valuations and viewings – this will help with ventilation and limit contact with surfaces.
- Homeowners/occupiers MUST clean the property surfaces prior to visit.
- All pets should be contained and not free to roam during valuations and viewings.
- When viewings are conducted you will be asked to vacate the property where possible e.g. go for a walk/sit in the garden.
- If you remain in the property whilst the valuation is taking place, we request that you wear a mask and gloves where possible.
For Buyers and Renters
- We are unable to transport attendees to any appointments and will meet you at the property, at a safe distance.
- We will be trying to limit viewings to a reasonable time (around 10 -15 minutes, but this may vary in accordance to the size of the property).
- We request that when on a viewing you wear a mask.
- We ask that you bring hand sanitiser to the appointment so that you can sanitise your hands in our presence, or your wear gloves at the appointment.
Please make us aware
If you or a member of your household fall into any of the below categories we may not be able to carry out or may have to rearrange in person meeting. Please make your Chancellors contact aware if:
- You or a member of the household fall into the ‘vulnerable category’.
- You or a member of your household are displaying any symptoms or Covid-19.
- You or a member of your household has been in contact with anyone or visited any place that could have exposed you to Covid-19