An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented IT Support Analyst based from our Head Office in Bracknell. You will provide the business knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate products and provide a superior level of technical support which benefits the company.
You will be skilled in supporting a Microsoft Windows Desktop & Server environment, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, VMWare and Office 365.
A key responsibility of the Support Analyst is to work on technical projects, inclusive of maintaining the security and disaster recovery of the overall IT network.
You will perform a wide variety of installation, configuration, upgrades of servers & workstations. Capable with hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. The Support Analyst provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
AS AN IT SUPPORT ANALYST, YOU WILL NEED TO:
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, anti-virus, backup, redundancy & network infrastructure standards.
- Managing assigned projects to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Proactive technical support of helpdesk enquiries from staff & site personnel.
- Supporting our bespoke software applications including regular maintenance.
- Paid overtime work when required to ensure systems are patched and/or upgraded.
- Desktop, Server & Virtual Server Management (Local virtual server environment & private cloud) – configuration, installation and support of equipment in a Microsoft Windows Environment.
- Network management and maintenance, routing & firewalling.
- Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware, software and telephony.
- 3 years experience in a commercial Information Technology environment.
- Experience in working as part of a team and working towards tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Highly organised, thorough and diligent with an acute attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills with the IT Team as well as internal customers.
- Maintaining composure during challenging technical problems.
- System Management:
- Exchange Server Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Network management and maintenance
- Server Room Facilities Management
- Windows & All Software licensing
- Hardware & Software purchasing
- Telephone System, Mitel Phones & Micolab Messaging Client
- Internet & VPN Connectivity (Fibre/ADSL/Annex M)
- Required technology skills:
- Microsoft Windows Desktop and Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange on Premise
- Office 365
- Networking – TCP/IP, IPV4, VLANs, DHCP, DNS. routing, IPSEC VPN, switching, Wi-Fi
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of routers & firewalls (either Cisco or FortiGate preferred)
- Desirable technology skills:
- Cisco Firewalling & Routing
- FortiGate Firewalling & Routing
- Sophos Unified Threat Management
- MSCE, CCNA, N+ qualification would be an advantage.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Flexible working hours
- Dress down last Friday of each month
- A paid day off for your birthday after successful pass of probation
- Gym membership contribution
- Continuation of childcare voucher scheme
- Ample facilities for those who cycle to work (including showers on site)
- Monthly team incentives and activities
- Increasing holiday entitlement from 2 years’ service
- Monthly IT stand out prize draw