Our Legal Notice can be found here.
Chancellors is committed to protecting your privacy and security. We only process your data if it is fair and lawful to do so.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us or request services online. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website information is collected using cookies
How we use the information about you?
The information we collect from you is so that we can provide you with information about our range of services now and in the future as well as information on the products, quotes or information you have requested. We use data processors who are third parties and joint agency partners who provide elements of services for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors, joint agency partners and group companies. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us, unless you have contracted with them directly and they become the data processor of your data. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. Chancellors is registered under the Data Protection Act, number Z7893502
Chancellors and Life Financial Services are group companies and as such the information which one of our group company collects from you may be passed to other group companies in order for those companies to carry out any of the services referred to above.
Access to your information and correction or erasure
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information then please write to Data Protection Officer, Chancellors, One Station Square, Bracknell, RG12 1QB or email email@example.com
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to complete statistical reports on website activity.
- Account – We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For example we may use these cookies to remember your Wish list properties
- Security – We use these cookies for enhancing security to our website and to your data. For example we create session data to ensure that a session is enabled & encrypted
- Advertising – We use these cookies for delivering advertisements. For example we can use this information to make advertisements more meaningful to the user, and to track efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites or mobile apps
- Performance – We use these cookies to collect information on how you use our site & our services to help us improve them. For example we would use this information to determine if you visited specific pages
- Analytics – We use these cookies to improve our site features. For example we use this information to enhance very popular pages on our website to improve user experience
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, and the storing of data about your usage of our site and use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
In addition to the profiling set out above, we use various software systems which assist us when communicating with you. This software will assist specifically with, but is not limited to, the sending, delivery and viewing of communication passing between you and us, as part of our business relationship with you. These software systems help us to better understand our users experience and enables us to build and maintain our service with the user.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website, so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notices
Changes to our policy
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on 8th February 2018
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Chancellors, One Station Square, Bracknell, RG12 1QB