By choosing a trusted, reputable lettings agent, you get piece of mind that both yourself and your tenant(s) are protected if any unforeseen circumstances arise. These circumstances can be anything from landlords legal obligations against the tenant around the certifications required for the property, to issues with the tenant. With Chancellors both parties are backed by legally binding contracts and government-approved deposit protection schemes.
As a trusted lettings agent, we follow all necessary legislation and best practice principles to ensure that our clients are protected, whether you let or rent with us.
There have been some unfortunate situations regarding landlords losing lots of money due to using untrusted lettings agents which you can read about here. Many of these horror stories could have been prevented if the landlord chose a trusted lettings agent to fully protect themselves and their tenant(s).
Here is a quick list of things to keep an eye out for, to ensure that your lettings agent is the ‘real deal’:
- They have a proven track record of successfully letting properties over an extended period of time
- They have asked both you and the tenant(s) for all necessary documentation and references prior to the tenancy agreement
- They provide you and the tenant(s) with professional contracts or documentation during all major stages of the letting process
- They have provided certificates and compliance records to you to demonstrate the maintenance of the property
We are very proud to have received over 10,000 5-star reviews across all of our reviews platforms (Trustpilot, Facebook and Google) and almost 10,000 reviews on Trustpilot alone. Many of these great reviews come from happy landlords and tenants who recommend Chancellors.
Chancellors have a dedicated Property Management Team to ensure that yours and your tenant’s needs are met in a suitable time frame. We provide access to contractors 24/7 should you need immediate attention to your property.
Some benefits of Property Management are:
- We keep you updated with periodic property inspections and detailed financial statements
- We take care of the repairs and maintenance with fully insured and trusted contractors
- We have specialists within the team to deal with complex property management issues
- We have teams to coordinate planned maintenance works and refurbishments
£0 Deposit Replacement Scheme
Chancellors now have a no deposit option with our £0 Deposit Replacement Scheme. Tenants are able to start their renting journey sooner without the need to tie up a large sum of money for the term of the tenancy and landlords are protected throughout the tenancy with up to 1.5 months rent if the tenant doesn’t make payments when they are required at the end of the tenancy.