Chancellors have been established in the estate agency industry for over 200 years. Since 1807, we have been helping vendors to find the right buyers for their homes.
We have used that knowledge and experience to create our impartial Sellers Guide, a brief guide which answers the key questions we are commonly asked:
- What is my property worth?
- What happens when an offer on my property is made?
- When do I instruct my solicitor?
- What is the legal process involved in selling a property?
For more detail, view our Sellers Guide.
Steps involved in buying or selling a house
Our excellent guide will help you understand the process of transferring legal ownership of a property from the seller to the buyer. Whether you’re buying or selling, we have created an easy-to-follow outline of the steps involved, from making initial enquiries to exchanging contacts and handing over the keys. You’ll also see what role the mortgage company will have at each stage, meaning you get a complete overview of the whole process all in one place.
Why use Chancellors to sell your home?
We have over 200 years’ experience in selling homes. We aim to achieve the best price for your property in a timescale that suits you.
Book a free market appraisal for our recommendation on how to market your property to achieve the best selling price.
- Discuss with you the best marketing options for your property
- Give you guidance and advice to answer any questions you may have
- Recommend the best price we can achieve for your property
- Consider the timescale in which you wish to sell
- Your own market appraisal report
Invaluable, independent advice
- Well trained and motivated staff with expert local knowledge
- Members of the Property Redress Scheme (PRS) and several other industry bodies
- We abide by a strict code of conduct, giving you the peace of mind you need
- Regular communication throughout the sales process
- Cyber statements detailing exactly how your property has been marketed every week
- Prompt feedback on viewings
Comprehensive marketing campaign
- Professional photography and floor plans as standard
- High quality printed brochures
- A detailed listing on our website which receives thousands of visitors per month
- Additional online exposure on top property portals including Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation plus many more
- A highly visible for sale board
- Attract thousands of potential buyers every month as we are one of the UK’s leading independent estate agency brands
- Use the latest technology to market your property to buyers across our entire network of offices in London, the Home Counties, Oxfordshire, Herefordshire and Mid Wales
Legally Prepared – our conveyancing service for sellers*
- Saves time when you want to sell as solicitors are already instructed
- Attract serious buyers
- Dedicated conveyancing team to handle your sale
- Online advertising like Google AdWords exposes your property to thousands more buyers
- ‘No move, no fee guarantee’ (excluding disbursements)
- Fixed costs ensuring no unforeseen expenses
*Our conveyancing service is provided by Chancellors Conveyancing, a trading name of Partners in Property Ltd
We also strongly advise sellers to read guides from other sources to ensure they know the process and are equipped to make informed decisions, such as: